Like SSRS, SSAS also needs to be allowed to be contacted from the outside throught the Windows Firewall. In my case I have one dedicated server (A) for SSAS and a separate server (B) for SSIS and DBS. Is in this second server where I’m also storing my Visual Studio projects. When I tried to deploy the SSAS project over server A I received the following error:
To fix it you just need to create a new Inbound Rule in server A with following these steps:
- In Windows Firewall, right-click Inbound Rules and select New Rule.
- In Rule Type, click Port and then click Next.
- In Protocol and Ports, select TCP and then type 2383 in Specific local ports.
- In Action, click Allow the connection and then click Next.
- In Profile, clear any network locations that do not apply and then click Next.
- Finally give this rule a name and then click Finish.